Video editing apps for Android can help you create stunning videos right from your smartphone or tablet. You can upload them directly to social media, or save them to share with friends and family later.
Best Android Video Editing Apps
The best video editing apps for Android let you create amazing videos on the go. You can edit your videos by adding filters, effects, music and more before sharing them with your friends and family.
Best Apps For Video Editing Android
There are an ever growing number of Android video editors available on the Play Store today. And unless you know exactly what your requirements are, it can become overwhelmint to zero in and figure out which is the best video editing app for Android.
So in this article, we will give you a low down of the top 10 best video editing apps for android – both free and paid, to help you make a more informed choice and kickstart your video editing journey.
Here are the ones we’ll be covering:
5. Viva Video
7. Video Show
10. Power Director
The Filmr app is a super easy-to-use video editing app for Android as well as iOS-based phones. Perfect for both beginners as well as advanced video creators- it has a simple, fast and intuitive interface. You can add transitions, effects, filters and more to transform a basic video to something that is uber cool. If you’re looking for speed, agility and a premium look for your videos, Filmr is the place for you.
Review: Filmr has gained an overall rating of 4.4/5 based on reviews from 8,126 users and has 1 million and growing downloads on Playstore.
Price: It has a free version that allows you to create videos with an InVideo watermark. The paid plans start from $15/month
– No limit on the number of images/videos you can import
– Smooth and unique transitions between videos
– Multiple fonts to make your text stand out
– Switch video format with ease: horizontal (16:9 and 4:5), vertical (4:3), stories (9:16), and square (1:1)
– 20 million+ royalty free music library
– Exclusive filters and effects to transform videos
– The best thing about Filmr is that it has zero ads!
– It has a vertical editing timeline which makes video editing super convenient, unlike other apps
– Can reorder videos, photos and audio clips with a simple drag-and-drop
– Lets you search for any song with a simple search or add music from your existing files
– Reverse, Rotate and Flip videos with one tap
– Get rid of the watermark easily by just watching an ad or going PRO
– Save to gallery or export directly to any social media app
– Set the duration of the transitions down to specific seconds
– Directly shoot videos via the app and edit
– Customise the duration of text on video on the text bar
– There is no undo option in its Android version
– Limited number of filters
– Cannot record a voice-over directly on the app
– Cannot choose the video resolution before saving
– It does not support multiple languages
Note: The Filmr iOS app has an extensive library of filters, effects, transitions, video-on-video and a lot more to choose from. If you happen to have an iPhone or an iPad, you can try it out.
Quik is one of the best free video editing apps for Android, brought to you by GoPro. With the Quik app, you can create awesome videos in just a few taps.
Automatically add transitions and effects and apply beat-synced themes to create stunning and shareable edits. It does most of the editing automatically; however, Quik also lets you customize fine details.
Review: Quik has gained an overall rating of 4.4/5 based on the reviews from 476,637 usersQuick is a free video editing app for Android phones.
Price: Quik is a free video editing app for Android phones.
– Add up to 75 photos and video clips from your gallery, cloud storage, or GoPro Plus
– Compatible with motion photos
– Unlimited back-up at 100% quality
– GPS Stickers to showcase GoPro video’s speed
– AI-powered face, movement, and sound detection for the perfect frame. Open to manual corrections
– 23+ themes for any occasion
– Record, trim or rotate videos, add text overlays, change video speed
– Videos in various dimensions – square, portrait, or cinema
– 100+ free songs for background or add your own
– HD 1080p export
– QuikStories – works with the GoPro App and compiles excellent videos with media shot within the last 72 hours.
– The PRO version automatically backs up your GoPro footage
– Can handle videos taken from any camera or device
– Handles 4k video, which is a great win over other apps
– Does not leave a watermark
– Great for basic editing
– Quik’s mural feature lets you create your best shots as separate events
– Auto edits music to match the video beat
– Keeps your project on cloud storage only for a limited time so you cannot go back and edit it whenever you want to
– The absence of the undo option makes it difficult to go back to the previous edit
– Unsatisfactory customer support. Issues and bugs stay unresolved even after several reports by users.
– The automatic edits makes it low on customization
A pretty powerful video editor application, Filmora go is also one of the best free video editing app for Android phones which will not stamp a watermark or place a time limit on your clip. It helps you create decent videos with a wide variety of effects and presets. You can easily share your videos with your friends on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp right from the platform.
Review: FilmoraGo has gained an overall rating of 4.6/5 based on the reviews from 626,723 users.
Price: Filters and effects can be bought via in-app purchases ranging from $0.99 – $34.99 per item
– Import from social networking sites like Instagram and Facebook
– Extensive library of licensed songs
– Lip sync your videos
– Make videos in various dimensions – square, cinema
– Reverse, trim or rotate videos, add text overlays, play with speed
– Multiple Fast or Slow motions in the same video
– Change motion and timeline of title, can add multiple titles
– Supports many international languages like German, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish, etc
– Easy to use and loaded with free features
– Professionally done, high-quality videos
– Access to high-quality preset templates in the PRO version
– The abundance of presets, filters and effects are not backed by strong how-to tutorials
– The audio always fades out towards the end of the video
– The horizontal timeline makes video editing cumbersome
KineMaster is a full-featured video editor for Android. It has powerful tools that are easy to use. It has over 2500 downloadable transitions, effects, videos, images and transitions. The addition of EQ presets, ducking and volume envelope tools makes audios on KineMaster super immersive and powerful. The premium subscription also features unlimited exports in resolutions up to 4K.
Review: KineMaster has gained an overall rating of 4.4/5 based on the reviews from 4,511,621 users.
|Yearly Charge after seven-day free trial
– In-built graphics, fonts, stickers, transitions, clips, and more to beautify your video
– Multiple layers of video, stickers, images, text, etc
– It includes a keyframe animation tool to add motion to layers
– Voice overs, voice changers, sound effects, background music
– Create beautiful effects with a blending mode
– Share on YouTube, Facebook, Dropbox, etc
– Includes green screen, audio adding, extracting, volume control, chroma key and more
– Can add multiple audio and video layers which is great for advanced creators
– Can download multiples assets like stickers, images, backgrounds, etc. from its asset store
– Consistently updated Youtube channel for how-to tutorials
– Hard to crop videos and audios with a tightly fitted timeline
– Takes time getting used to
– The subscription doesn’t reflect across devices at times
– The app only operates in horizontal mode which might feel a little uneasy
– Extremely advanced for beginners
– Leaves a watermark in the free version
VivaVideo is a free video editing app for Android that comes with all the basic functions you can think of, as well as several advanced features that make it a top contender.
VivaVideo is one of the most comprehensive video editing apps, with video editing features like making videos from pictures with song, editing video with transitions, adding video to video, combining video clips, adding music to video, and much more. It features hundreds of Special Effects/ Stickers/ Filters/ Animated clips to transform your videos. You can directly share the video to your social media handles from within the app.
Review: VivaVideo has gained an overall rating of 4.6/5 based on the reviews from 12,970,605 users.
|Yearly VIP Membership
– Professional music video maker with songs and effects
– Make videos from pictures and songs easily
– Several video editing effects: blur background, slow down videos, speed up videos, etc
– Combine several video clips to make one video
– Can cut, edit, merge, paste while editing a video
– Export videos at your desired resolution like 720p, 1080p, 4K, etc
– It has an inbuilt slow-motion video creator
– It works exceptionally well for short clips for social media
– Super easy to use, even for an amateur
– Cut clips and place them anywhere you want
– Every new update creates issues in the app functioning
– Tends to delete text or image, or place it anywhere on the video
– Multiple issues while adding music to video
– Hard to add and manage more than one audio/video file
– The high number of ads in the free version makes it difficult to focus
WeVideo for Android makes it easy, fast, and fun to create and share amazing videos. It has been featured in TechCrunch, CNET, ReelSEO, The Next Web, Wired, and more. With WeVideo’s Video Editor App, you can capture memories wherever they happen and transform them into breath-taking videos and share them on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
WeVideo Professional or Business plan has even more benefits like expanded music and theme libraries, professional-quality graphics, no WeVideo watermark, etc.
Review: WeVideo has gained an overall rating of 4.0/5 based on the reviews from 164,724 users.
|$41.81/month and $249.47/year
|$14.63/month and $86.41/year
|$9.06/month and $53.66/year
|$3.76 one year pass
– Create stunning videos with exceptional video themes and video filters
– With selected upgrades, you can publish up to 4K Ultra High Definition video
– Use the blurred background to enhance your vertical videos
– Add your own music or use its royalty-free library for a custom soundtrack
– Publish and upload to YouTube, Dropbox, Instagram, Facebook, etc
– Good for basic video editing requirements
– Easy to create slideshows with hardly any effort
– Good for quick social media shares and compilations
– Very limited music, text fonts and themes in the free account
– Requests permission to access product usage which might feel like an intrusion
– You cannot remove the watermark in the free version
– Tough to adjust music beats with the video
– Cannot share the video directly to any social media
VideoShow offers excellent video editing features. It is an easy and practical video editing app & movie scene maker for both art directors and beginners. With the help of this video cutter, you can reverse, blur, duplicate, edit, merge, trim, split, collage clips, or videos.
VideoShow also allows you to add subtitles to any video, or to change its audio. It also lets you take any video on your device and apply different filters. The app contains an inventory of over 50 elaborate themes for stunning music video/slideshow/vlogs instantly.
Review: VideoShow has gained an overall rating of 4.6/5 based on the reviews from 5,704,936 users.
– Create artistic subtitles with a variety of text fonts and styles
– Reduce video size directly in the app
– Easy and practical for professionals as well as beginners
– One can easily shoot videos through the app and edit them
– Can extract audio from existing videos
– Doodle on video (only in VIP version)
– Great transitions and multiple music choices
– Can add as many images to a single video
– Supports collage of images on video
– Join multiple videos in a single clip
– Beautiful themes to enhance videos
– Can set a precise time-cut to change audio
– Problem while sharing videos directly on social media
– Lack of quality after exporting video
– The themes can only be used in square mode
– Watermark in the free version
– 2K+ higher quality videos cannot be edited in the free version
Magisto uses sophisticated A.I. to find the best parts of your recording. It smartly applies editing techniques including video stabilization, filters object detection, effects, and auto-crop, to create mind-blowing videos that outshine the average slideshow or collage.
Designed as your 24/7 personal movie editor, Magisto combines clips, photos, filters, music, text, and effects to help you tell your story. Once in a while, Magisto will present you with a fully automated private surprise movie by converting the photos and video clips from your gallery.
Review: Magisto has gained an overall rating of 4.1/5 based on the reviews from 1,133,767 users.
|$18.43 Paid Yearly, [$1.53/month]
– Share your video content on social networking platforms with a single tap
– Pick royalty-free music divided by genre, mood and category
– Add music directly from your device
– Combine clips, photos, stickers, music, texts, filters, etc. to make a fabulous video
– Turn every video into a story with the app’s intelligent AI
– This app is best for beginners without much experience in video editing
– It is semi-automatic- all you need to do is select your videos/photos and let Magisto’s AI guide you to the rest
– Has a neat and simple interface
– Can create multiple videos quickly with customisable pre-made templates
– They have a feed where you can see videos posted by other users
– Not much room for manual video editing
– They have a help center but it isn’t easy to contact their support team via email/phone
– AI does most of the work, it isn’t possible to choose specific or minutely-timed transitions
– Too many recurring review pop-ups
InShot is a powerful video editing app for android in addition to being a movie maker with features like trim & cut video/movie, add music, text, stickers and glitch effects, blur background, and No Crop. It provides basic yet powerful video editing features, thus helping you test out your creative skills.
It encourages you to create incredible videos with ease for TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.
Review: InShot has gained an overall rating of 4.8/5 based on the reviews from 11,994,317 users.
|After 7-Days Free Trial
|$9.06/year and 75 cents/month
|One- Time Purchase
– Video Splitter, Video Trimmer and Video Cutter
– Merge and join clips from two different videos
– Powerful pro video editor for Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Musical.ly, etc
– Loads of unique filters and colorful backgrounds
– Supports multiple formats/ratios
– Adjust music volume with a fade-in and fade-out feature
– Easy to use and super convenient for beginners
– Multiple choices for text, music, stickers, effects and a lot more
– Can resize videos and posts as per your need
– Can add different transitions after every new photo or video clip
– Can do detailed color correction for videos and photos
– There’s no undo option to go back to your previous edit version
– Ads can be inconvenient to some users
– It is slightly difficult to trim audio clips. Each song starts from the first beat and might be confusing for first-time users.
PowerDirector is an Android video editor that lets you create videos in 4K quality, edit videos with multi-timeline features, and share them on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
It lets you add music, transitions, motion titles, effects, emojis, filters and more to enhance your videos.
It is also featured as an Editors’ Choice app on Google Play.
Review: PowerDirector has gained an overall rating of 4.5/5 based on the reviews from 157,8358 users.
– Export videos with up to 4K resolution
– Video Stabilizer to fix shaky footage
– Chroma key to edit green screen background
– Add glitch and transition effects to make the video look futuristic
– Overlay clips to produce double exposure effects
– Multiple blending modes and multi-timeline interface
– Add multiple layers and customize/edit each one separately
– Easy switching between computer and phone with its integration to Cyberlink
– Royalty-free stock library
– Download videos/images directly from Google drive
– Pre-made templates help in creating videos quickly
– It has ample how-to tutorials to learn about each feature
– Too many ads and unnecessary notifications
– The files take too long to load
– Limited to a horizontal editing interface
best video and photo editing app
In the world of social media, change is the only one certain thing, which means the next big app is already being coded somewhere. If you dig a bit deeper you will find a common denominator behind the rise of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok (and more): photos, videos, and short, easily digestible content.
Any list of social media video tips and photo tips will, as their main point, bring up the importance of quality, and to create great quality content requires great tools. But how do you decide which tools are the best ones for you?
That’s why we’re here with insights on some of the best photo and video editing apps for social media.
Best Photo Editing Apps for Social Media
Best Video Editing Apps for Social Media
Adobe Premiere Rush
Best Photo Editing Apps for Social Media
In this section, we will try to answer the question, what is the best photo editing app? The applications listed here are not ranked, but do represent some of the best photo editing software that is available.
Pixlr is a very popular photo editing app available for both iOS and Android that can take your social media content far. This free app has many great social media photo editing and enhancing options that can help your posts stand out.
Using both basic and custom social media photo sizes, you can use it to make collages, apply photo effects and filters, and enhance the quality of your photos with great features like color splash, double exposure, or focal blur.
Pixlr main features
Instantly adjust the color of your photos with auto-fix
Crop, resize and change the border of your photos in a few easy steps
Use color splash to add color effects and enhance photo color
Choose from a multitude of effect packs you can add to your social media photos
Use the stylize feature to sketch or add photo effects
Add shades, cool down, or amplify the photo tone
Create amazing collages with plenty of options for style, ratio, and background
The double exposure feature allows you to easily apply effects with adjustable layers and transparency
Easily learn how to edit photos to remove red eye or whiten teeth
The add text feature comes with many font options
Focal blur effect
Pixlr options and pricing
Pixlr is downloadable on iOS and Android devices. It is free and very user-friendly. Pixlr X and Pixlr E, the two versions of the online photo editor software, are available for desktop and provide many advanced features and options.
VSCO is a photo and video editing app and a photo-sharing platform. It’s a very easy tool you can use to enhance the quality of your social media posts.
It’s user-friendly and has a clean and simple design and menu. When you become a VSCO member, you also get access to a community similar to Instagram. There, you can browse photos and videos in the discover feed and also connect with friends or join weekly photo challenges.
VSCO main features
VSCO has 10 free, quick, and easy photo editing presets
For more advanced editing, you can use the manual adjustment options and add your flair
The app enables simple importing and editing options for RAW photos
You can change photo perspectives with crop and skew and adjust exposure, clarity, and saturation
You can edit contrast and saturation or use the grain and fade options to add an old film effect to your photos
The photo enhancer allows you to modify the strength of the photo filter
To easily recreate your favorite edits, you can save them in recipes
The camera features allow you to adjust focus and exposure and choose flash modes and interface color
The built-in camera can be set up manually to adjust shutter speed, ISO, and white balance
You can use the same VSCO presets and editing tools for your videos
You can also create GIFs with VSCO
The VSCO montage feature allows you to make a video collage by combining video, photos, and shapes; options include adjusting the opacity of layers and double exposure.
VSCO options and pricing
VSCO is available for iOS and Android devices. To use it, you will need to set up an account – the app offers a 7-day free trial.
After the trial, the annual subscription fee is $19.99. It comes with full access to over 200 presets and advanced photo editing tools like HSL and split tone.
If you are looking for an easy way to make your social media pop, meet Infltr. It edits photos with the help of photo filters and offers the most filter options out of any photo editing app.
It has over seven million possible filter combinations and advertises itself as the easiest editing tool in the field.
InfItr main features
You can instantly change the filter by touching the screen and choosing one of the seven million options
As you drag your finger across the screen, the combination of photo filters in effect changes
Editing options include adjustment of saturation, brightness, contrast, tint, temperature, as well as filter intensity
You can choose the filter before or after taking the photo
You can add filters to HD panoramic shots
You can also create and edit videos, GIFs, and live photos
You can choose and add your favorite filters to a filter library
InfItr options and pricing
Infltr is only available for iOS devices. The free version offers limited features. The yearly subscription costs $19.99 and there is also a monthly subscription available at $3.99.
WordSwag can instantly take your social media posts from drab to fab. It helps you create stylish posts with an expert designer touch.
The app allows you to create and add high-quality graphics and captions to your photos, as well as create flyers.
WordSwag main features
Hand-designed graphic font styles
Includes 1.3 million free backgrounds from Pixabay and 22 image filters
Font and layout combinations are constantly updated and change every time you use the app
You can add captions and quotes and there is also a library of thousands of captions that you can use for inspiration
You can choose your frames and layouts, as well as text effects like gold foil, water color, or stamped
The pro feature allows you to create high-resolution graphics for printing and add your brand’s logo
Easy share options for platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest
WordSwag options and pricing
WordSwag is available for free on iOS and Android devices. The monthly premium subscription has a 7-day free trial and comes with additional features like over 80 designer font styles, gold font colors, multiple text layers, custom colors, the possibility to add a logo, high-resolution export for printing, and removal of watermark for $4.99.
PicCollage is a collage-making app you can use for creating, drawing, and decorating the photo collages you post on your social media accounts.
It offers several options for photo grids and backgrounds and loads of fun stickers for a touch of personality. A simple tool that answers the question of how to edit Instagram photos.
PicCollage main features
Choose the grid that works for your social media content and instantly upload photos from your gallery
Add exclusive colorful stickers and fun backgrounds made by collaborating artists and illustrators
Create holiday cards with quick templates
Use the freestyle mode to create your type of collage
Use only your finger to edit Instagram or Facebook photos with the cut-out feature
Use the doodle feature to draw and write messages on your collage
Easily share your collage on your social media accounts
Easily send your pictures to print
PicCollage options and pricing
iOS and Android apps are free. The PicCollage Premium subscription offers access to enhanced features and options for watermark removal. An annual subscription plan is $35.99 and the monthly version is $4.99.
Best Video Editing Apps for Social Media
Following our section on photos, here we will try to answer the question of what is the best video editing app.
The uses of these apps are endless; you can edit videos for family use or spice up your webinar event, but one of the main uses is, of course, easily editing videos for social media. There are many choices that are available, so this list is just our view on the best editing apps for videos.
Adobe Premiere Rush
Created as a simpler alternative to Adobe Premiere Pro, the Premiere Rush app allows you to create and edit high-quality content for your social media platforms easily and without any complicated headaches.
Adobe Premiere Rush main features
You can use the built-in camera feature to film directly from the app and start editing instantly
Choose from a range of motion graphics built-in templates
Motion graphics editing options include color enhancement and customization of fonts or size
Easily add audio tracks to your video choosing from over 30 royalty-free options
Add effects like picture in picture or split view with multiple video tracks
Simple sharing options that allow you to resize videos or change them from landscape to portrait or square
You can add thumbnails, schedule your posts, and publish on multiple platforms at once directly from the app
Ideal for video for Instagram and Facebook with its 4:5 aspect ratio
Premium features include sound balancing and auto-ducking, access to the premium content library, and the possibility of exporting videos in 4K video quality
Adobe Premiere Rush options and pricing
Adobe Premiere Rush is available for iOS and Android devices. The download is free and there are several subscription options:
Annual Premium Membership $34.99
Monthly Premium Membership $4.99
Rush Phone-Only Subscription $4.99
Monthly Premium Membership $4.99
Annual Premium Membership $29.99
iMovie is a free video editing app for iOS that comes pre-installed on Apple devices. It’s ideal for simple video editing and very user-friendly.
It can take your social media content to the next level and help your brand stand out on platforms like Instagram. You can also use it to add voice-overs or music to your videos and upload them to iCloud.
iMovie main features
Animated drop zones make selecting videos and photos simple
You can record directly in the app
Includes 14 movie trailer templates
Easy customizing options for cast names and credits
8 unique movie themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
13 Apple-designed video filters
Slow-motion and fast forward options
Simple access for adding a picture in picture, green screen, or split-screen effects
Add a soundtrack to your movie with the built-in feature that automatically adjusts to the length of the movie
Add sound effects or narration
Easy transfer to other iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch by AirDrop or iCloud Drive
iMovie options and pricing
iMovie is available for free on iOS devices and comes pre-installed on Apple iPhone and iPad.
LumaFusion is a more professional video editing app with many free features, as well as additional, more advanced, in-app purchases and an easy-to-use, intuitive design. You can use it to improve the quality of your social media videos and get noticed online.
LumaFusion main features
Customizable aspect ratios
Options for editing iPhone and iPad video recordings
Frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
Easy options for importing media directly from Photos, GNARBOX, WD Wireless, Frame.io or cloud storage, SanDisk iXpand flash drives, and SMB network drives
Free music, loops, sound effects, videos, and backgrounds
Up to 6 video/audio tracks available for adding photos, videos, audio, titles, and graphics
6 additional audio tracks available for adding narration, music, and sound effects
Extended features include insert or overwrite clip, as well as to link or unlink clip
Options to share a preview on an external monitor
Layer effects include chroma key, blurs, distort, change styles, and color
Color correction tools
Unlimited keyframes for animating any effect or color
Use slow /fast motion, forward, and reverse options
Add layers for titles with text, shapes, and images
Adjustable fonts, colors, borders, and shadows
You can also import custom fonts
Easily share or archive edited social media videos
LumaFusion options and pricing
LumaFusion is available for $29.99 on iOS devices. In-app purchases include Storyblocks for $9.99/month and $69.99/year, and FCPXML Export for $19.99.
FilmoraGo offers an easy and intuitive way to edit social media videos. It is very popular with Android users and has over 50 million installs. Use it to edit and enhance your social media content and you are sure to stand out.
FilmoraGo Main features
Offers copy, paste, rotate, and sequence adjustment options
You can also rearrange, reduce, and split videos, or adjust the video speed
For audio, you can adjust the volume or mute it
Choose from a wide range of music tracks and sound effects that you can add to your video
Add text, notes, filters, or stickers to your social media videos
Editing options include adjusting brightness, clarity, contrast, and saturation
You can create a personal video filter
FilmoraGo options and pricing
The FilmoraGo social media video app is free for Android and Apple devices. The Pro version is $4.99/month or $29.99/year.
Splice is a great, intuitive video editing app with an easy-to-use menu created by GoPro. You can use it on iPhone and iPad to create and edit videos and give them a high quality, professional polish. It’s great if you share adventurous, bold, content on your social media accounts and need an editing app that will make your GoPro videos pop.
Splice main features
Editing tools include trim, cut, and crop options
Easily add filters and backgrounds
Change colors and orientation or add text overlays
Options for adjusting playback speed and slow motion
Options for adjusting the transition style and the transition speed
Create soundtracks with a wide variety of free music and sound effects
Add songs from your own iTunes collection or add narration
Easily share your edited videos on social media (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook)
Splice options and pricing
Splice is available for iOS devices. The download is free and subscriptions range from $1.99 for the trial version to $2.99 for the movie creator and clip editing app.
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.