Whether you’re a seasoned SEO pro or just getting started, Lynda.com’s Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals course will help you improve your marketing approach. In this course, author David Booth explains the nuts and bolts of search engine optimization, including how to read and analyze results and trends from Google Analytics and other tools. He also shows how to write content that ranks well in search engines, manage your online reputation, build links to your website, and use social media to boost your search presence.
Table of Contents
Lynda Seo Tools Fundamentals
1. Read SEO articles and Blogs
If you are budget-conscious, and you would like to learn to do SEO by yourself, SEO articles and blogs would be a great place to start. Websites like MOZ, a company that develops SEO tools, maintain active blogs that consist of beginner to advanced SEO content.
One of the disadvantages, however, is that when you are learning from articles and blogs, it may be difficult to find structure due to the overwhelming amount of information out there.
2. Take an online SEO Course
You can also learn SEO online through an online course, which provides such benefits as flexibility and the ability to learn at your own pace. Websites such as Lynda and Udemy provide a wide range of online SEO courses at very affordable prices.
Also, compared to learning through blogs and articles, online SEO courses may provide more structure, making it easier for you learn.
To determine if taking an online SEO course is right for you, consider whether you enjoy learning remotely, on your own, or alongside a live instructor whom you can interact with, ask questions of, and get instant feedback from.
Ask yourself: are you disciplined enough to complete an online course? Studies show that most people who enroll in online courses don’t finish them.
3. Attend a Live SEO Training
A USA Today article citing theresults of a new national research study found that 78% of more than 1,000 students surveyed still believe it is easier to learn in a classroom.
Are you someone who learns best in a traditional classroom setting with a live instructor? If so, then a live SEO training course may be best for you. Live SEO classes provide social interaction with instructors and peers and allow you the opportunity to work on group projects and get support from your instructor to facilitate greater learning.This form of training also allows you to learn SEO step by step in a structured and organized format.
4. Hire an SEO Coach
If you are the type of person that needs more personalized, one-on-one attention, then hiring an SEO coach may be the ideal option for you. SEO coaching can be done both in person or virtually. If you choose one-on-one coaching instead of group coaching, you will also have the flexibility to schedule your coaching sessions on the days and at the times that are convenient to you. However, this may be a costlier option.
5. Book a Private Trainer
Another great, convenient, and fast way to learn SEO is to book a Private SEO training session. This approach is ideal for in-house companies or individuals who would like training that is tailored to their needs and skill level. Training can be half day, one day, or multiple days, which can be very productive, accelerating your learning.
Finally, whatever you choose, ensure that you are learning search engine optimization (SEO) from someone with a proven track record for success.That way you will know you are in good hands. Ask for proof and testimonials, read reviews, and find out what keywords that site or company is already ranking for.
lynda digital marketing research
1. The Complete Digital Marketing Course – 12 Courses in 1 (Udemy)
With over 450,000 students enrolled and high ratings, this Udemy Digital Marketing course is a bestseller and top choice in the space of online marketing courses. Created by Daragh Walsh and Rob Percival, who have collectively taught around 3 million students, this is the most comprehensive course on digital marketing that covers SEO, YouTube Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Google Adwords, Google Analytics and more.
It comprises of 12 modules covering following different aspects of Digital Marketing, with real life practical examples that help to link all theses aspects into a coherent marketing strategy.
- Market Research – Learn how to validate your business idea
- WordPress – Learn to build a world-class website in no time without any technical coding skills
- Email Marketing – Learn to set up email campaigns and build a mailing list of 1000 people in 30 days from scratch
- Copywriting – Covers how to write sales pages that drive more sales
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) – Understand everything about SEO, and learn tips and tricks to get free traffic to your website with SEO
- YouTube Marketing – Learn how to drive traffic & sales with simple videos
- Social Media Marketing – Learn to master social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Quora
- LinkedIn Marketing – Learn to go viral on LinkedIn and 400x your connections
- App Marketing – Discover 43 ways how you can promote your App
- Google Adwords – Learn how to set up profitable ad campaigns the very first time, and avoid any common mistakes
- Facebook Ads – Learn how to run Facebook Ads and make money from them without spending a fortune
- Google Analytics – Improve your marketing by integrating Google Analytics and learn to interpret the analytics data and draw insights
This course is packed with around 24 hours of on-demand video content along with quizzes, assignments, checklists and practical steps. It is a very interactive course with every section including a project that builds upon the last one in a logical sequence.
The course is beginner-friendly and does not require any prior marketing experience. It is suitable for professionals looking to land a job as a digital marketer or business owners who want to increase their marketing expertise and build their business online or existing website owners looking to drive more traffic and revenues or anyone who wants to freelance as an online marketer or affiliate marketer.
- Best-selling Digital Marketing course on Udemy for 3 years in a row
- Learn how to develop a digital marketing strategy
- Learn to grow a business online from scratch
- Understand how to create effective content for each social media platform
- Learn to set up profitable ad campaigns without spending a fortune
- Get lifetime access to all future updates to the course
- Certificate of Completion from Udemy
Duration : 23.5 hours on-demand video
Rating : 4.4
Sign up Here
2. Digital Marketing Specialization by University of Illinois (Coursera)
This Coursera Digital Marketing training program has been designed by internationally renowned faculty of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is a part of the University of Illinois Masters of Business Administration degree program, the iMBA. It is a beginner’s specialization and discusses several aspects of the new digital marketing environment, including topics such as digital marketing analytics, search engine optimization, social media marketing, and 3D Printing. Not only does it teach the conceptualization of digital marketing, but also the practical application of it. Students learn the foundations of digital marketing through examples, stories and acquire concepts and tools for digital creation, distribution, promotion and pricing of products and services.
The specialization is divided into 7 courses with last one being a Capstone project offered in association with Grainger industries. The courses as are follows:
- Marketing in a Digital World
- Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Theory
- Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice
- Digital Media and Marketing Principles
- Digital Media and marketing Strategies
- Marketing in an Analog World
- Digital Marketing Capstone
The learning approach used in the program is highly interactive and includes video lectures, case studies, hands-on exercises, and interviews with leading marketing scholars.
This Digital Marketing Certification program has the highest number of enrolments on Coursera. The first course “Marketing in a Digital World” has been ranked as one of the top 5 courses across multiple MOOC providers. The instructors are truly world-class. They include Professor Aric Rindfleisch, an award-winning scholar who has been named by Princeton Review as one of “The Best 300 Professors” in America; Prof. Kevin Hartman, a Visiting Professor & Head of Analytics at Google; Dr. Mike Yao, Professor of Digital Media and Department Head of the Department of Advertising; Prof. Vishal Sachdev, who is Director of Illinois MakerLab.
- Most popular course in Digital Marketing category on Coursera
- Uses MBA-driven theory and practice with digital marketing techniques
- Learn the theory and strategy behind Marketing Analytics
- Examine ways in which the Analog world has been affected by the Digital Revolution
- Understand step-by-step process for conducting thorough and insightful digital data analyses
- Gain hands-on experience in data analysis and learn to make memorable presentations and data visualizations
- Understand the underlying processes of marketing communication, so you can select the appropriate channels to deliver the right marketing message to the right audience at the right time
- Learn how to plan a digital marketing campaign comprising of various digital channels
- Certification is openly available, so anybody at any experience level can enrol in the program
Duration : 8 months, 5 hours per week
Rating : 4.6
Sign up Here
3. Digital Marketing Masterclass – 23 Courses in 1 (Udemy)
This Course on Udemy is one of the best online digital marketing courses, with close to 200,000 students having taken this course. With a total of over 32 hours of video lectures, loads of articles and supplemental resources, it is an in-depth course that imparts complete knowledge of all aspects of digital marketing from social media marketing to email marketing to content marketing and much more. It uses a project based approach and includes real world case studies to teach concepts and techniques that can be directly applied to real businesses.
The course covers the following topics – Finding your target market, Branding your business, Designing a website, Content and Paid marketing, Blogging and Copyrighting, Search Engine Optimization, Video marketing and YouTube, Facebook pages and groups, Facebook and Google Ads, Retargeting with Facebook ads, Social Media marketing (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn), Periscope and other live streaming platforms, answering questions on Quora, Podcasting and more.
The course has been created by Phil Ebiner and Diego Davila, who are both entrepreneurs and have been using digital marketing to grow their own six-figure businesses. Together they’ve taught over a million students on Udemy. They’ve designed the course for beginners, but even if you know some topics, there’s a lot to gain from taking this course. It is well suited for entrepreneurs and business owners who want to use digital marketing to grow their business or anyone looking to get a job in online marketing.
- Covers all the major marketing strategies that help learners gain a well rounded understanding and approach to online marketing
- Learn social media marketing using all of the most popular social media platforms to grow your business
- Increase conversions and sales with real world techniques
- The tools and strategies taught in the course are completely free to use
- Improve your brand identity and grow your brand’s audience
- Learn how to grow your email list, website traffic, subscriber count, and social media following
- Lifetime access to the course and all updates along with personalized support
- Course content includes 28 downloadable resources that include checklists, guides and case studies
Duration : 32.5 hours on-demand video
Rating : 4.4
Sign up Here
4. Become a Digital Marketer Nanodegree Program (Udacity)
Udacity offers a Nanodegree program in Digital Marketing that aims to provide learners with a 360-degree understanding of the whole digital marketing ecosystem. The program is structured into 9 modules that cover how to create marketing content, use social media to amplify your message, make content discoverable in search, run Ads campaigns and advertise on Facebook. Additionally, students learn how display and video ads work and how to market with email, and measure and optimize with Google Analytics.
The content of the program has been co-created with Facebook Blueprint and includes several real world projects where students get to run live campaigns on major marketing platforms. Specifically the learning modules are as follows:
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Content Strategy
- Social Media
- Social Media Advertising with Facebook
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Display Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Metrics with Google Analytics
- Program designed in collaboration with industry leaders in advertising and social media like Google, Facebook, Hootsuite, Hubspot, Mailchimp and Moz
- Learn how to develop content that works well for the target audience, and how to measure its impact
- Learn how to manage your social media presence, and how to create effective content for each platform
- Learn about targeted advertising in Social Media
- Learn how to create, execute, and optimize an effective ad campaign using Ads by Google
- Learn how to create an email marketing strategy, create and execute email campaigns, and measure the results
- Get a ton of practical knowledge with real world projects
- Run live campaigns on major marketing platforms
- Live Q&A sessions and forums to engage with industry experts and mentors
Duration : 3 months, 10 hours per week
Rating : 4.5
Sign up Here
5. Digital Marketing Specialist Program by SimpliLearn
SimpliLearn’s Digital Marketing Specialist is a Masters program that aims to make learners industry-ready by training them in 8 core disciplines of Digital Marketing – search engine optimization, social media, pay-per-click, conversion optimization, digital analytics, content, mobile, and email marketing. The program content is very broad and deep. Not only does it teach the concepts of each discipline but also the tools associated with that area. It also includes elective offerings in advanced mobile marketing, advanced email marketing, advanced content marketing and advanced website conversion rate optimization that gives learners flexibility to master other areas as well.
This Digital Marketing training provides learners with the essential building blocks to get started and start practicing in Digital Marketing industry. It includes several real-world projects and virtual simulations using Mimic Pro for imparting domain experience. Learners are exposed to more than 40 digital marketing tools and taught how to use them in real projects.
SimpliLearn’s digital marketing certification program is accredited from OMCP. It provides access to 35+ live instructor-led online classes conducted by multiple expert trainers. Students also get access to the highest quality of e-learning content, projects, simulation exams, quizzes, active community moderated by experts, monthly mentoring sessions by experts, downloadable workbooks and other resources to help master the complete digital marketing skillset.
The program also prepares you for various expert exams such as OMCA (Online Marketing Certified Associate), Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook, YouTube and more.
- Understand how digital marketing disciplines all work together and how to optimize your use of each one
- Gain required hands-on experience through 4 projects to become job-ready
- Learn to formulate, plan and execute effective Digital Marketing campaigns
- Master the Digital marketing execution tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Marketing and YouTube Marketing
- Program designed and instructed by the world class leaders and practitioners of digital marketing
- Blended learning model that includes both virtual live classrooms sessions and self-paced videos
- Access to Monthly mentoring sessions from industry experts
- Get OMCP exam voucher worth USD 395 on completion
Duration : 4 months, 10 hours per week
Rating : 4.6
Sign up Here
6. Social Media Marketing Specialization by NorthWestern (Coursera)
The Social Media Marketing Certification offered by NorthWestern on Coursera is designed to teach learners how to develop, deploy, measure and monetize social media marketing programs. Participants gain the expertise and tools they need to become an expert in the social markets. They learn to expand their online audience, manage their social strategies effectively and establish a social brand.
The program is made of up five courses that primarily focus on 2 objectives. First is to provide the learners with right social analytics tools, and training to help them become influencers on social media. Second is to give them the knowledge and resources to build a complete social media marketing strategy – from consumer insights to final justification metrics. The program culminates with a capstone project. The participants can complete the courses and project on their own schedule.
The courses are extremely hands-on and include interactive quizzes, graded assignments, exercises and practice exams. Upon enrolling students receive access to social marketing toolkits containing items like advanced marketing and analytics tools, that are critical in developing successful social strategy.
The specialization is led by Professor Randy Hlavac who is an expert instructor of Digital, Social and Mobile Marketing and Content Curation and Digital Marketing at Northwestern University for over 20 years. He has authored the book Social IMC: Social Strategies with Bottom-Line ROI.
One does not need to have any marketing background to enrol for this specialization. It is suitable for all professionals who would benefit from a more effective social marketing strategy, be it entrepreneurs, executives, marketing professionals or business leaders.
- Understand how to leverage a variety of social media platforms, including blogs, social networks, private virtual communities, passion sites, and video sites, to achieve business and organizational goals
- Learn social media growth and promotion strategies that are trackable and monetizable
- Learn to identify influencers and experts within a social community, develop targeted strategies and content to engage those communities
- Learn to track the success of your strategies and campaigns through social monitoring and real-time analytics
- Conversations with experts in fields such as data analytics, infograpics, gamification, blogging, and content marketing
- Specialization is updated every quarter to ensure that participants receive the most up-to-date training
- Option to audit the course for free and get access to all the instructional content for own self-directed learning
Duration : 5 months, 2-4 hours per week
Rating : 4.7
Sign up Here
7. Digital Marketing Strategies by Kellogg School of Management
This Digital Marketing Certification from Kellogg School of Management is intended for business leaders, managers, and marketing professionals and strategists who manage a marketing team and are responsible for chalking out marketing strategies to drive growth and/or are responsible for attracting and retaining customers in some way or delivering products and services.
This program imparts an end-to-end perspective of the modern marketing process. It teaches students how to make use of automation to make marketing practices more productive and agile, how to mine new sources of customer data to create personalized communications, and how to leverage analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) to optimize marketing activities.
The program comprises of 8 modules. It uses a very practical, applied learning approach, so students learn to put all strategies to practice. Throughout the program, students work on a Marketing Transformation Challenge. They identify a business challenge and then solve it with a marketing solution. The 8 modules cover the following topics:
- A Framework for Marketing in a Digital World
- Understand Customers and Generating Insights
- Customer Segmentation and Behavioural Marketing
- The Customer Journey and Content Strategy
- Brand Storytelling in a Digital World
- Accelerating Marketing Execution through Agile Marketing
- Marketing Attribution, Testing, and Experimentation
- Marketing Automation and Artificial Intelligence in Marketing
This Digital Marketing Certificate program is led by Professor Mohanbir Sawhney – a globally-recognized scholar, educator, consultant, and speaker in business innovation, modern marketing, and enterprise analytics. He has authored several bestseller management books, and his research has been published in several leading academic journals.
- Learn Marketing Strategies applicable to a wide range of industries that include retail, telecommunications, hospitality, global shipping, technology, automotive, manufacturing, and others
- Understand ways to discover customer insights using social mining, AI applications etc.
- Learn how to map customer journey and how to design content according to that
- Discover how to evolve your marketing by incorporating data, analytics and optimization techniques for improved decision-making
- Learn segmentation techniques and behavioural marketing
- Real world case studies of companies using new marketing technologies, including AT&T, FedEx, Google, P&G, Claussen and more
- Verified Digital Certificate of Completion from Kellogg Executive Education
Duration : 2 months, 4-6 hours per week
Rating : 4.5
Sign up Here
8. Free Digital Marketing Courses (LinkedIn Learning – Lynda)
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda) offers a variety of Digital Marketing courses and certifications for individuals at all levels, from short duration introductory courses to ones targeted at more experienced professionals. These courses cover different aspects of online marketing like, Content Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Web Analytics, Brand Marketing, Social Media Marketing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc., Email Marketing, Product Marketing and more.
These courses serve as a great starting point to build knowledge and advance digital marketing skills. They are suitable for anyone just starting out or someone looking to update themselves on new marketing trends and strategies.
Here are some of the Online Marketing courses that learners can take on LinkedIn Learning platform:
- Online Marketing Foundations
By: Brad Batesole
This course teaches how to promote your business effectively online and demonstrates how to build a successful online marketing campaign for all digital channels: search, video, social, email, and display.
- Marketing Tools: Digital Marketing
By: Anson Alexander
In this course learners discover the tools available to them across the different areas of digital marketing and gain key inights into Digital Marketing.
- Digital Marketing Trends
By: Martin Waxman
In this course, students learn the latest trends in digital marketing so they can leverage these trends to make businesses more successful.
- Social Media Marketing: Strategy and Optimization
By: Martin Waxman
Learn the latest developments on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, and TikTok, so you understand how to position your brand correctly on each platform.
- Marketing Tools: Social Media
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.