Hire Freelancer is a successful online outsourcing platform that specializes in providing top-notch freelancers for online businesses across the globe. Start your next project with our database of 120k+ experienced web and mobile developers and designers, who ship high-quality work on time.
Hire Freelancer For Email Marketing Tools
How to hire on Upwork
Post a job (it’s free)
Tell us what you need. Provide as many details as possible, but don’t worry about getting it perfect.
Talent comes to you
Get qualified proposals within 24 hours, and meet the candidates you’re excited about.
Use Upwork to chat or video call, share files, and track project progress right from the app.
Receive invoices and make payments through Upwork. Only pay for work you authorize. Need help hiring? Talk to a recruiter
Why businesses turn to Upwork
Proof of quality
Check any pro’s work samples, client reviews, and identity verification.
No cost until you hire
Interview potential fits for your job, negotiate rates, and only pay for work you approve.
Safe and secure
Focus on your work knowing we help protect your data and privacy. We’re here with 24/7 support if you need it.
Need help hiring?
Talk to a recruiter to get a shortlist of pre-vetted talent within 2 days.
Rating is 4.7 out of 5.
Clients rate pros on Upwork
G2’s 2021 Best Software Awards
Email Marketer Hiring Resources
How to Hire Top Email Experts
How to Hire Email Marketers
Email marketing involves using email to promote products and services while building customer relationships. If you’re looking to build a targeted email marketing campaign that gets results, an email marketer can help.
So how do you hire an email marketer? In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of finding top email marketers on Upwork.
Identify your email marketing needs
Email marketing is pretty straightforward, but there are a few things you should be aware of when looking for the right email marketer for your needs. You know you need someone to run an email marketing campaign, but is there a CRM tool you prefer? Mailchimp, Zoho, and Infusionsoft are just some of the leading tools on the market. You want an email marketer who can slide right into your existing workflow. You could also consider email marketing services that match you with proven talent. Have you identified your goals for the campaign? You may want to consider lead generation services to complement your email marketing.
How to write an effective email marketing job post
With your email marketing needs in mind, it’s time to write that job description. Put yourself in the shoes of a freelance email marketer and try to imagine what they’ll type into the search box on Upwork to find your job.
Every job post should include:
- Project scope: Be specific about the types of tasks and deliverables (e.g. email templates for the launch of a new product).
- Background: List specific skills and requirements (e.g. experience with Maropost).
- Timeline: When do you need an email marketer, and for how long will you need them?
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Although you don’t need a full job description as you would with employment, you still want to be specific and detailed enough in your job post so that a prospective freelancer knows what your project entails.
Shortlist potential email marketing experts
With your project posted and a growing inbox full of proposals, here are some tips for shortlisting talented email marketing freelancers:
- Industry fit. An email marketing campaign has to speak to your target audience.
- Professionalism. The email marketer will be representing your brand in your customers’ inboxes.
- Feedback. Reviews can reveal any red flags about working with a particular email marketer.
Prepare for the interview
Once you’ve narrowed your list of candidates, you’re ready to conduct the interview which will lead you to your ideal email marketer. Here are some sample email marketer interview questions:
- “How do you measure the success of an email marketing campaign?” What you’re looking for is a clear process for setting a goal, selecting a tool, measuring the right KPIs, and tweaking campaigns based on the results.
- “Give us an example of a successful email campaign you’ve worked on” This question gives the candidate the opportunity to showcase their work. If they’re prepared they will have an example on hand to demonstrate their skills.
- “How familiar are you with [insert technology here]?” As we’ve reiterated time and time again, familiarity with the CRM tool you’re already using can make the transition smoother.
If you’re still not sure at the end of the interview process which candidate is right for you, feel free to use a small paid test project to try out a freelancer. Ready to take your email marketing campaign to the next level? Hire an email marketer on Upwork today!
email marketing expert job description
Here’s a job description template to help you attract the Email Marketing Specialist you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, you may write a short but catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As an Email Marketing Specialist, you will oversee all aspects of email marketing campaigns, including market research, content creation, and the dissemination of copy.
- Produce and execute all email and SMS campaigns, including building emails from templates and HTML, copywriting, asset coordination, QA, and scheduling.
- Support various strategic programs via manual and triggered campaigns across the customer lifecycle including prospecting, win-back, nurturing, post-purchase, loyalty, retention, surveys, and transactional emails.
- Build effective target audiences and segments for every message to drive engagement and revenue performance against KPI goals.
- Manage and execute email/SMS marketing calendar and ensure alignment with business priorities, demand forecasts, and internal stakeholders.
- Use customer data such as web-behavior to drive the message and content personalization.
- Devise and execute A/B tests, manage testing calendar, record results, and advise on improvements. Testing includes subject lines, message content, CTAs, customer cohorts, and segments, send time, and new features intended to drive performance lift.
- Work in partnership with designers and copywriters to optimize email creative and template structure based on best practices.
- Mitigate email and SMS frequency between program touchpoints to minimize database churn. This includes marketing campaigns, triggered emails, promotional emails, and transactional emails.
- Perform render testing across devices, email clients, and ISPs to ensure that emails are rendering correctly for the majority of the subscriber base.
- Provide regular campaign performance reports that include opens, clicks, conversions, revenue, revenue lift, unsubscribes, etc.
- Regularly identify trends and email marketing strategies from other leading global brands to glean insights on best practices and new innovative ideas for email marketing tactics, including audits of how we can acquire, nurture and retain these customers.
- Constantly look for new ways to improve overall programs through new technology, tools, partners, trends, and best practices.
- Proven experience managing an email marketing program.
- Hands-on experience in marketing automation platforms.
- Detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices, and compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL).
- Proven work experience in growing, engaging with, and analyzing the performance of a large email marketing database.
- Experience building an email marketing campaign from scratch.
- Knowledgeable in Google Analytics, HTML/CSS, A/B Testing, and other CMS.
- Experience using SQL and similar queries to analyze data.
- Proficient in data analytics to determine important data and be able to suggest improvements.
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Email Marketing
- Campaign Marketing
- Communication Skills
- Marketing Automation
- Web Analytics
- Template Creation
- Content Creation
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.